Thursday, January 17, 2008

What to do.. follow up

So I went to the enviro event. But you guessed that from my previous post.

I have to say I am glad I went. Without a minute by minute description of events, it did turn out to be a total googoo greeny love in. Jimmy Tingle .. funny but not worth the price of admission. On the other hand they did say that the greenhouse gas emissions from the event were being offset by GREEN, CLEAN POWER! Hallelujah! I say, but most of the attendees are Godless heathens. I did have a good time and met some people that I needed to, so thanks to my friend Tom for getting me in and thanks to Jim for giving a great speech as he moved on.

A quick anecdote. After Jim took over the enviro group and then his one time boss became head of the regional EPA office, Jim wrote an newsletter article titled "Meet the New Boss". Apparently, I was the only one that caught the Who reference and paid Jim the appropriate homage. I say it now and I will say it again, the single biggest problem with the enviro movement is their inability to laugh.

I do think that my pop culture pick up will count for something in the long run. Guess the reference?

No comments: